BECAUSE IT’S COOL: WHY WE LOVE THIS BAG
- Perfect for daily essentials
- Adjustable handle drop up to 70cm
- Removable strap transform bag into an elegant clutch
- Totally sustainable luxury
- Made from genuine decomissioned fire-hose previously used in active duty for up to 25 years!
- Sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind fashion
- Materials: Rescued leather; Decommissioned British fire-hose; Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk lining
- Size: 17 x 26 x 4 cm
BECAUSE IT MATTERS: WHY WE LOVE ELVIS & KRESSE
Elvis & Kresse’s mission to salvage materials began in 2005, when co-founder Kresse Wesling discovered that London fire houses discard damaged hoses to landfill. Instead of the thick durable material being thrown out, Elvis & Kresse collected the hoses and crafted holdalls, bags and wallets.
An impressive 100% of Elvis & Kresse’s raw materials are rescued or reclaimed. As well as hoses they also collect failed military grade parachute silk (used for bag linings) and rescue tea sacks from Yorkshire tea. They also save decommissioned auction banners from London auction houses.
On top of that, 50% of all profits goes to charity, including the Fire Fighters Charity and renewable energy projects.