As part of our crowdfunding campaign, we have teamed up with the Fairtrade Foundation and Ingle & Rhode to offer one person the chance to win this unique Fairtrade gold and diamond ring!
The stunning Nestled ring is made in 18ct white Fairtrade gold, and set with a 0.5ct round brilliant cut Canadian (traceable) diamond. It will be resized for the competition winner.
HOW TO ENTER
- Pledge £10 towards BICBIM’s crowdfunding campaign.
- Spread the social love on Twitter, Facebook or Instragram by sharing an inspirational quote, a recent positive news story, your favourite Fairtrade product or ethical designer and tagging @bicbim and using the hashtags #BICBIMwin and #FairtradeGold.
You can enter as many times as you like as long as every £10 pledged is combined with a social post as described above.
THE INGLE & RHODE 2017 FAIRTRADE GOLD DESIGN AWARDS
The unique Nestled ring was the winner of The Ingle & Rhode 2017 Fairtrade Gold Design Awards competition.
Tim Ingle, co-founder of Ingle & Rhode, says: “We set up these awards up to raise awareness of Fairtrade gold amongst young designers, the future of our industry and to give them a platform to showcase their talent.”
The winner, Angela Gillies of the University of Dundee, designed the piece of jewellery as an engagement ring. She says: “Fairtrade gold epitomises compassion and empathy for the people involved in the mining industry at source and assists them in strengthening their communities and providing them with a more sustainable future.
“With this in mind the Nestled ring will symbolise a safe and secure outlook for both the mining community and the couple who receive the ring.”
The competition opens at midday on Tuesday 3 October to ends at midnight on Tuesday 7 November.
The winner will be announced by Friday 1 December 2017.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition will run from Tuesday 3rd October until Tuesday 7th November.
- The ring will be resized by ethical jeweller Ingle & Rhode for the competition winner
- To enter the competition participants must: 1. Pledge £10 to the BICBIM crowdfunding campaign 2. Post an inspirational quote or recent story on either Twitter/Facebook/Instagram – tagging @BICBIM and using the hashtags #BICBIMwin and #FairtradeGold
- The prize is non-transferable or refundable
- Each person can enter as many times as they like
- Entrants must be 16 years or older
- Due to the nature of crowdfunding, the competition will be open to associates of BICBIM but the winner will be selected at random by Fairtrade and/or Ingle & Rhode to guarantee impartiality.
- The winner must be willing to be photographed/filmed/interviewed about the competition
- For full Terms & Conditions click here.